- Minimal Packaging: Opinel Knives are traditionally sold without any retail packaging to reduce waste and promote sustainability. Knives have been minimally packaged in clear plastic zip bags, fitted to the size of the knife.
- This knife features the Virobloc safety rings. Invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955, the Virobloc safety ring is fitted to all folding knives sizes No6 through No12. Cut out of stainless steel, the Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding.
- In addition to locking the blade open (safety while in Use), it is now possible to lock the blade closed (safety on the Go).
- Easy to clean knives with a stainless steel blade are highly resistant and can be easily cleaned with a sponge, warm water and dishwashing liquid.
- Strength and resistance from woodwork to steelwork, as well as new materials like top-of-the-range synthetic polymers, our knives are designed to last a Lifetime and will often be passed down from father to son
Details: The Opinel folding knife was born in the Savoie region of France in 1890 and has become a Universal object due to its wide use and popularity throughout the world. A genuine trigger of memories, it is recognized as one of the best knives in the world. With the same attention to simplicity and reliability, Opinel has designed other ranges of knives and tools for all those who appreciate effective cutting. A simple, robust and faithful tool, this essential little knife has been in the pockets of the greatest artists, adventurers, navigators and Mountaineers including Pablo Picasso, Roger Frison Roche, Alain colas, Eric Tabarly, jean-louis Etienne, Ellen Mac Arthur, Paul Bocuse and many more. A constant landmark, cited in countless books and songs, Opinel has Risen to the status of a timeless cult object, an unavoidable symbol of French culture.