Details: The GT-4000 2 (Wide) running shoes are one of the most stable ASICS offerings and are recommended for excessive overpronators. This style is also complemented with a wider fit for runners who require more width in their footwear. This update retains GUIDANCE TRUSSTIC technology and DUOMAX technology, but these support pieces have been bolstered together to improve the shoe's already impressive stability. Along with increased support, a reinforced arch wraps the foot over the sole even better to increase stability and comfort. It's also softer in the heel thanks to the sockliner that sits atop a layer of OrthoLite foam for improved step-in comfort. If you need a shoe packed with stability, but don't want to give up fit and comfort, the GT-4000 2 (Wide) running shoe is a recommended stability trainer.
- Guidance Trusstic System Technology - This Trusstic System Technology integrates Guidance Line construction for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity.
- Dynamic DuoMax Support System - This evolution of DuoMax system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
- AHAR Outsole - Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
- Ortholite X-40 Sockliner - This premium sockliner features higher rebound properties while providing excellent moisture management and a high-level of breathability (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC.)
- Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system - Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.